Saturday, March 31, 2007

Vancouver, swords, and a choir.

So! It's been awhile since I posted. Let's start.

I went down to Vancouver to visit Sean for the first time in a long time. I was excited, not only for the tournament, but because I was going to be in a city again as opposed to a town. So the thing started off rather nicely.I was there for five minutes before the energy in the air opened up the ancient chakra gate most the most ancient monks in the Himalayas know as: testosterone. I was entering too. I knew it was going to be fun.

I spent a day playing with the katana, as I was entering the weapons division, and I learned a few handy things, maybe six moves or so that would be helpful, then some that'd be just sort of scary to the person I was against, it was good times.So the next day we went to the tournament with an awesome taxi driver who played some amusing pop songs for us. (Down there every cabbie I had was East Indian. I guess it's not just a stereotype anymore?) The problem with this was we had Promiscuous stuck in our heads the entire tournament.

So I got to the weapons division just in time with my brother, we were both competing, and we sat around and listened to the rules. It sort of made me wish I'd learned a couple other things, because some of those weapons looked ridiculously fun. So, Sean destroyed some people and got his way to the silver medal, clearly being the most skilled out of the group with his bo staff. I beat my guy 5-1 including disarming him intentionally and trying not to hurt him, it was good times. He advanced instead of me to win a bronze medal, due to judge error, but I would've won his next fight too, so I'm not as bothered as I thought I'd be. I went in for fun and to learn about myself, and that's what I got.

This was a good time overall, I even went to swing my sword down by the beach for some fun and to get an idea of how to use the thing. I brought back a wooden Chinese broadsword and a padded daito so I can start learning them, it'll be fun when I have more time. Till then, while we partied drunk in a hotel room I learned some karate moves, as well as some good techniques for various other ways to hurt people. OH! And this would explain the bruises on the inside of my right leg! (I had an explanation for all injuries but that one.) And watching a bo staff in action again will give me more ideas in how to continue training with that. And since it's getting to be spring-like, I can even do it outside!

So, I was sick, did work-related things I don't enjoy. I called in sick for one job to go and work at another, which while preferable in every other way, the Tim Hortons uniform makes me look more like a tool than my last one. Such a tiny hat. Other than that, I pretty much just learned about all the illegal or sub-par things my old boss did. Neat!

I went and saw Susie at the choir! It was fantastic, they sang a song from The Love Boat and Three's Company, both of which I vaugely remember for some reason. Not to mention a song about a woman courting an old man who had lost his diddly-ding-dong and slept with a younger guy every night. Certainly a good time for all, afterwards we went out and danced!


Back onto good things! I just watched Snatch, this movie pleased me. It's also once again inspiring my to work that accursed abdomen area. And once I have my wonderful six-pack(minimum) I'll use it for everything. Fighting off wild animals, laundry, picking up pens I've dropped or catching pens I may be worried about other's dropping. It'll be a fantastic time all-around. Also, I just ate, but I'm hungry, and sick come to think of it. But I'm better than I've been in two days, so the only option is training! Also, my key disappeared again, so I think I might trade in my ability to see for echolocation. As far as I can tell, it would be completely superior for key-finding. Unless my key was behind something, and except for the fact that I'd be annoying at movies. Babies have cornered the echolocation market as far as the theater industry is concerned, but I'll see what I can do.

2 comments:

She said...

I miss you so much! I found your blog. You're it!

Dez Dez said...

You missed posting through the month of April!! How bout posting in may :P