Sunday, March 11, 2007

Garage!

That garage is a beautiful thing, they all end up being beautiful things wherever I go. It's a lard cube of a building that has walls filled with rotting wood, and a heating system that broke down awhile ago. It's scared me sometimes when I was out there and particularly paranoid, and there's plenty of fragile things within I have to be careful of. But it's my space, full of wonderful wonderful space.

I like garages because they're often ignored sub-buildings, half the time mine ends up turning into a resort where I can go relax, improve myself and think without any distractions. (I may be able to partially turn it into a music building for late nights without bothering others if the weather continues to improve at this rate. Can't leave those things in a place with such static temperature.)

It's great. I can be as loud as I need to and as quiet as I want to. I can be as angry or depressed or energetic or lethargic as needed. The long short of it is it's my place, and I've only just begun thinking about that lately. It's one of the only places I can find enough relaxation to seriously do my breathing and let my mind wander. My room's a nice spot for relaxing and being alone, but it's no garage.

I'm going to start learning how to do tool things!

6 comments:

Castrati said...

i like garages because they smell nice

A.J. said...

They often do! Mine has most things I need for physical improvement in it, which is a plus. And a half-broken stereo!

Dez Dez said...

AJ!!!! I just found your blog!!! see, when you comment on mine I just get an e-mail, so I was unaware you were commenting with your own account... *sigh* i'll have to check this out more often!

Sonja said...

That is fantastic! You learn those tool things aj!

Dez Dez said...

Whats funny about this post, is you just went on about how much you love the garage, so fate stuck you in it for a night. Karma's a bitch!

A.J. said...

Hmm, karma? I guess that'll teach me to like garages! Whatever, I'll just solve the problem with brute force next time, brute force solves everything!